Yesterday saw the first of four webinars presenting the latest findings from our “What Makes a Great Risk Manager?” survey. During the event we conducted some instant polls on related topics. These provided some very interesting statistics.

 

Almost half of registrants to the webinar series (49%) still rely on either no formal risk management tool (14%) or use a spreadsheet solution (35%) to manage risks and opportunities in their business. This is a surprisingly high figure as it leaves organizations without a standardized, secure and auditable system. There are distinct benefits to a single enterprise-wide solution and huge exposures without one.

 

83% of the organizations attending the webinar have no formal career path for risk managers. The remaining 17% were still in the phase of planning such a development program.

 

Our final instant poll asked how risk managers viewed the risk maturity of their organizations. Participants selected from a scale of 1 (immature) to 5 (very mature). 78% rated themselves as level 3 or below. No organization considered that they had reached the highest level of maturity.

 

So it seems organizations still have a way to go with their risk management programs… and it’s the risk professionals who are the foot soldiers of change.

 

You can still register for our next “What Makes a Great Risk Manager?” webinar here.

Leave a Response

*
*